My last day in the US. I've both dreaded and prayed for this day for a long time. I honestly can't believe that it's been almost three years since I last went to France. To quote one of my favorite songs currently: "Ain't no time like this time, baby." (You're welcome, Katie).
I'm officially 100% packed and ready to go.
I spent yesterday putting together last minute things--a photo album for my host family, calling AT&T and Bank of America, and cramming extra chocolate into my maxed-out suitcases.
I hate thinking of things as "lasts." Like the last time I'll sleep in my bed, the last time I'll see someone or do something, or the last time I'll have Dunkin' Donuts or CC. It's never been my thing. It seems to me that if you were so set on making your last time so profound that you would have taken care of it a long time ago. No one likes doing something for the last time, so why make such a big deal about it?
Anyway, my "last" day so far? Well, I woke up at 3 this morning and never fell back asleep. I'll blame it on the wind and the fact that I didn't take NyQuil, haha. I bbmed with Chelsea about Puerto Rico for a while because the team was supposed to be leaving today for the training trip...except they missed their flight. I know going abroad for a semester is about a thousand times better than going to Puerto Rico for a week and a half and swimming long course practices twice a day. Still, I'd give anything to be there.
Today will be a pretty low key day...just seeing a few people before I leave and relaxing with the family.
A few people (read STALKERS) have asked about my flights tomorrow, so here they are:
Jet Blue Flight 915 Departs Boston 12:00pm Arrives New York-JFK 1:10pm
Air France Flight 007 Departs New York-JFK 7:10pm Arrives Paris-CDG 8:35am
So, today, will not be a day of "lasts" and "goodbyes." It will be a day of "see you laters" and "à bientôts." Tomorrow, however, will mark the beginning of a series of firsts. I'm ready for it.
See you all on the other side!
Me Versus The Truman Application
15 years ago

Okay, first of all...don't leave me.
ReplyDeleteSecond of all, i love the shout-out/carrie song. greg paulus would appreciate that, now that we know he is a fan.
Third, i'm glad i wasn't one of those stalkers who asked for the exact time you leave. if i did, at those times, i would prolly be mad and upset.
Fourth, did you pack nyquil?
Fifth, don't leave
Sixth, i'll call you later.
Bon voyage, kiddo.
ReplyDeleteI will miss you!! Good Luck with everything!! I'm soo jealous that you get to go to France again but also soo happy for you! You should visit Aubrie while you're there. Oh and do you ever keep in touch with the exchange student you had years ago? Keep in touch :)
ReplyDelete