First day of classes! Unfortunately I’m not as excited as I used to be in elementary, middle, and as much as I don’t want to admit it…high school. I thought about asking Nou Nou to take my photo outside of the front door with my backpack before I left for the Center, but decided against it.
The past two days we’ve had “Orientation,” which I’ve decided, should be renamed because it’s nowhere near as amazing as Syracuse Welcome. Mostly because there are no spassy polo-wearing OL’s running around. No Home 2 the Dome, no dancing with Chancy Nancy, and no ridiculous face paint. It’s a little disappointing.
I finally chose my classes:
PSC 400.1 Policy Seminar
FRE 315 Junior Language Usage
ECN 300.3 International Political Economy
COM 400.2 International Communication in European Media
I find out sometime before the end of the week if I got the internship at the Council of Europe. I’m still hopeful, but there were 16 of us who interviewed for 4 spots… I also made it clear that I wanted to do something in education, so I’ve kind of boxed myself into a corner if nothing is available there. If I don’t get it, there are a ton of other internships available in the city. Something will work out.
Yesterday we had a walking tour of the city and a cross cultural workshop in the afternoon. It was pretty interesting, but still a long day. I had time to do some shopping with Danica and managed to find a planner so I can finally get my life in order. I headed to Café Brant after the workshop with Mika and Alexis for some coffee. It’s a big SU hangout because it’s so close to the center, is cheap, and has Wifi.
Came home and Lutèce and Julien (4-year-old that Nou Nou also watches were over). I love them. We made paper airplanes (avions de papier) and played house with Otto.
After dinner, Sue and I took the tram to Café Brant, only to find that it was closed. Seriously, 8pm on a Monday? We ended up at MacDo. Classy, I know. But I got to Skype with Em, Andrea...and partially JCole and Rebecca. It made my day.
Went out with Sue, Kelly, and Steph to a brasserie and then came home.
This morning I came in early to finish my Remembrance Scholar application and do a few other things. I’ve already found my secret hiding place in the attic of the Center. Hopefully no one ever finds it. I’m meeting Mika and Alexis at 2 to make plans for Spring Break and book our flights for the semester. I’ll let you know when we finally decide where we’re going. Currently…Greece and Italy.
I only have one class today, but not until 5:30. Horray. Enjoy the pics of the kids!

My face paint is not ridiculous!!!! I'm taking that uber personally.
ReplyDelete