Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Ready?

So much for promising myself that I'd never start a blog...

In any case, I leave for France in 11 days. Ridiculous.

We just received the itinerary for our 9-day orientation seminar. We start in Paris, then head to Amsterdam and Cologne before finally arriving in Strasbourg. I think it's finally starting to hit me.

Deciding to go abroad was a harder decision than I ever thought it would be. Ever since I went to Paris and Nice junior year in high school, and again to Paris, Normandy and Brittany senior year, I was certain that my college experience wouldn't be complete until I studied abroad in France. Then again...that was when I was also convinced that I was going to be a French teacher.

Studying abroad this spring meant sacrificing a number of things. Leaving the swim team, friends, campus, student orgs, and Coplin all come in pretty high on the list. Everyone has told me that I won't regret it, and that this is the opportunity of a lifetime. I trust them and believe them, but it didn't make saying goodbye any less difficult.

My love (read, obsession) for French has faded a little since middle school and high school, but I think it's because it's been four years (and four horrible college french courses) since I've been to France.

I'm convinced that this semester will change things.

Anyway, I'll try to update the blog as much as possible. I spent most of my time this semester at my computer hitting the refresh button on Emily's blog about Florence. Now it's payback!

If you get bored you can always check out Coplin's blog which I manage for him, Make College Pay Off. You probably won't hear anything about Strasbourg, but you might be mildly entertained :)

1 comment: