Saturday, December 26, 2009

Joyeux Noel

Oh, so it was Christmas yesterday? I almost forgot, good thing I had about 200 of my Facebook friends to remind me via their statuses.

Haha, anyway, the family Christmas was pretty relaxing this year. We spent all day Christmas Eve watching the classic Christmas movies on TV: A Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation, and It's a Wonderful Life. We gorged on chips and guacamole, pigs in a blanket, home-made Norwegian meatballs, pirogi, and Chex mix.

I was carrying on and complaining like a little kid, so we actually opened presents Christmas Eve. Mom and Dad had another surprise for Jenny and I on Christmas morning. We came downstairs and Dad was like "Why don't you open your stockings!?"

"Sweeeeeet!" I thought and ripped it off of the mantle and emptied it out to find a bag of coal and a bag with green and white miniature cotton craft balls labeled "Elf boogers." Glad to know my parents have the sense of humor of a ten-year-old. Oh who am I kidding, so do I.

Anyway, here's a summary of my X-Mas loot!

- French speaking Spiderman action figure. Apparently "Let's catch bad guys!" in English translates to "Let's trap the naughty men!" in French. Who knew?

- New pajamas. Mom is sick of seeing me around the house in Syracuse athletics sweatpants and swimming t-shirts. She says it's so I don't offend my host family. What a hater!

- Be Delicious DKNY perfume. Jenny likes to call it my skank juice. She's just jealous.

- A new webcam for my laptop. That means SKYPE! So you all better add me on Skype if I don't have you!

-Over-the-shoulder travel pocketbook. So Jenny and I can be twinies when I come visit her in Paris :)

- Power adaptor. Oh, so I shouldn't just jam my electrical plugs into the outlets in France until they fit?

- Space Saver bags. So I can fit as much crap as possible into my two suitcases.

- Various knitting and cross stitching materials. For when I'm not busy being a nerd and reading and/or clubbing in France.

- Waiter Rant: Thanks for the Tip--Confessions of a Cynical Waiter by Steve Dublanica. Should keep me busy on the plane when I finish reading Going Rogue :)

- Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man by Steve Harvey. Duh, so I can pick up all the those spicy French men. (And yes, Katie, you can borrow this when I'm done with it).

Maybe now I'll be motivated to pack! Mmmmmm, tomorrow.
Hope Santa treated you all well!

4 comments:

  1. YES! i got a shoutout in your blog. made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha a little too much eggnog? I think you meant to say Christmas Eve a few times instead of New Year's Eve. Anyways, it sounds like you got some good loot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha good call Ashley...I fixed it. CLEARLY, I'm excited for New Year's ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you, clubbing in France? They won't let you in.

    ReplyDelete