Friday, February 5, 2010

INTERNET!

I have internet, hallelujah!

I couldn’t take it anymore so Tuesday I went to SFR and bought an internet key and minutes. It was outrageous, but I was willing to pay any price at that point. It comes out to be about 3 euro per hour of internet.

I remember when I first filled out my housing request back in October and had to answer this question: “Do you feel that internet access and/or wireless is something you feel you cannot live without?”

I don’t know if I was cracked out or what that day, but for some reason I checked “no.” I wanted to be adventurous. I figured I’d have all day at the Center to be online…of course that was until I realized that the Center is only open until 7p.m. and isn’t open at all on the weekend. So this is what I’m paying $50,000 for SU?

In any case, I managed to be one of only three houses that didn’t have internet. Although having Nou Nou has my host mom totally makes up for it.

I’m kind of disappointed in myself, because I figured I’d be able to survive without internet. I mean, dammit, I even had my mom pay for me to have my crackberry service abroad and I still couldn’t make it without wifi at my house.

I’ve spent most of my 5 hours of internet time thus far on Facebook, skyping and watching episodes of Grey’s that I’ve missed since coming here. Of course, it might be more beneficial if I was using it for research my 10-page European identity paper or my work at the Council…

No comments:

Post a Comment